Well there ya go then, FJ1200 manifolds etc on the dyno (Winpep dynojet).<br>I just fitted fj1200 manifolds, advanced the timing and drilled a few holes in the airbox.<br>The exhaust is standard but has had the 50mm centres drilled out and the baffle tube removed. <br>The airbox entry hole was opened up to match the filter but the bike still wanted more air.<br>Another hole on the opposite side of 30mm diameter and made up a foam seal to suit on the inside of the airbox.<br>Started with 112.5 main jets but they were a little lean. Ended up with 116 mains.<br>Horsepower was 121 BHP max at just under 9000 rpm. Another earlier run saw 124 hp in another configuration but the mid range was crap.<br>I hadnt done the cam timing as Yamaha Australia took all day to fax the cam specs but we measured the cams anyway for reference. Later we had the specs and found the inlet to be fine but the exhaust about 4 degrees out. I’ll get onto this later as it might help fatten up a bit of a flat area between 4 and 6000 rpm.<br>The graph looks good and when I get a 4in1 pipe, I’ll do it all again.<br>From 6000rpm to red line was over 100 BHP and the torque graph was pretty much flat from about 3500 to 8500 with a peak of 85 ft/lb at 6500rpm.<br>Best power range would be from just over 5000 rpm where the graph gets real steep to 9000rpm.<br>Yamaha quote 106 hp in standard form, dunno if this is genuine BHP or japanese hp. Probably at the crankshaft anyway which would mean under 100 hp at the back wheel.<br>The increase to 121 BHP at the back wheel when corrected to crankshaft horsepower indicates an increase of about 25-30%.<br>The torque figure was disapointing given that Yamaha quote 100 ft/lb standard. Somehow I doubt their figure.<br>Next week we will run a standard but run in bike as a benchmark.<br>Indicated top speed in 4th gear was 140mph.<br>(I have an 18 tooth front sprocket).<br>Now here’s some really good news, this mod helps fuel economy too. I found on the weekend that with my wife and luggage, just cruising at 100-120 kph with some fun blasts occasionally, it was getting about 18 kilometres per litre or in another way, 5.55 litres per 100 kilometres.<br>For the Poms, that is about 51 miles per gallon fully loaded with a 90kg driver and 63kg passenger and maybe 20kg of crap.